Who I am and what I want to express
My Artist Statement
My vision is to express the mystery of
divine power latent in natural and manmade forms, allowing the observers to discover their own meanings.
My paintings and videos reveal the existence of light -- goodness, joy and hope -- as well as acknowledging the reality of darkness -- sorrow, pain and hopelessness. I enjoy showing how light dispels darkness.
My Life Journey
- Graduated from Cornell University with a Bachelors in Architecture in 1964 and a Masters in Ethnomusicology in 1994.
- Served in the Navy from 1964 to 1968.
- Worked in architectural firms from 1966 to 1978.
- Served with The Navigators in Indonesia using traditional performing arts from 1979 to 1991, at Cornell University with international students from 1991 to 2012, and currently in North-Central Virginia with international student alumni.
- Returned to artistic endeavors in 2012.
- Participating in the Firnew Farm Artists' Circle and Via Afirmativa.
- Showing paintings at shows in the Piedmont Area of Virginia.